Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

What better time to post an update than as I sit here at the Chevy Dealership, wasting away a blustery Wednesday afternoon? I wish I was shopping. Or getting a pedicure. Instead I am waiting on the verdict on the Envoy. Something about a little orange light that came on last night on my way home from work. Something about some gadget that controls the amount of air flow through the engine. Something about a couple hundred dollars and a rental car. Something about it not being covered under the warranty.

I am happy though, because it's Wednesday and instead of being at work, I have the flexibility to be sitting here at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet (and to be honest, before I waddled my responsible car-owning self down here, I took a spin around the mall and bought 3 or 4 new little outfits for Nolan and took a ride in the chocolate colored glider that I hope will soon sit in front of the window in the nursery...)

I have fallen in love with Nie's blog. It stops me in my tracks almost daily and reminds me thank God for every little blessing in my life. I saw Stephanie on Oprah a while back and was oober inspired. O paired her up with a grumbling, burnt out stay at home mom and illustrated, what I think, is an almost supernatural human being dealing with the aftermath of an absolutely horrific plane crash. I had no idea she has a blog. I am in awe of her. And I admire her wit and honesty. The next time you feel grumpy because you have to load the dishwasher, vacuum your house, or start a load of laundry, you should check her out. Her story will change your life.

Yesterday while I was soaking in the bath and trying to make sense of the ham hocks that have taken over what used to be my thighs, I realized that we now have more weeks behind us in this pregnancy than in front of us. It made me a little sad. As much as I absolutely can't wait to hold our sweet baby boy in my arms, I am savoring this experience. The good, the bad, the ugly. It's an awesome thing, being a human vessel and all.

My most cherished moment this week: feeling Nolan kick and dance around during worship Sunday morning.

Most most horrifying moment this week: peeing on myself three times without warning. Thank heavens I have been at home each time. Thank heavens my husband has a good sense of humor and loves me anyway. Thank heavens I have a lot of changes of clothes.
21 weeks brought about the need for a new round of maternity shirts. The belly started to fall out of my pre-baby clothes. There's beer gut and then there's baby gut. Neither look good on me.

I hit up Gap Maternity on the way to the in-laws one afternoon and for $58, I got 5 new shirts and a pair of fancy pants. I danced around the dressing room, completely oblivious of anything but the joy of finding non-frumpy, super comfy tops and pants.

Week 22 was quiet. We breezed through the holidays and I ate my weight in Candy Cane Joe Joes and sausage balls. We made a bit progress on the nursery and I made mucho progress in the way of developing my first set of cankles.

Here's a little sneak peek into the nursery so far...we've had so much fun putting it all together. Next up: window cornice project. We'll see how that one turns out!

Off to the perinatologist tomorrow. We are officially 23 weeks along! Can't wait to get a glimpse at Lil' Bit and see what he's up to in there...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali,
    I love his room. It's adorable! Anything you do is so cute. Hope you're doing well. Miss you!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete