Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tug Boat


Perinatologist = total success. What an absolutely AMAZING experience!

Lil Bit is weighing in at a whopping 1 pound 8 ounces. He is measuring a week bigger than what he should based on our first estimated due date. We thought we were 23 weeks and 1 day. They say we are 24 weeks and 1 day. I wonder if that means he will be the size of a small tug boat or if he will be ready to come sooner than originally anticipated.

Dr. Stone, our perinatologist, is just the nicest, cutest, coke-bottle-glasses wearing 3 foot tall little man.

We were amazed at the detail involved in the high tech scan he performed.

Kidneys: check; four chambers of the heart: check; fingers/toes: check; cerebellum: check; liver: check; tummy: check; femur: check; spinal column: check; humerus: check. Absolutely amazing.

We were given the best news two parents-to-be could ever be given...we have ourselves a healthy, growing baby boy just waiting to enter this world and leave his mark forever.

As I wiped the gooey jelly off my belly and "foamed up" on my way out of the ultrasound room I was reminded: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

Fabulous day.

Now off to fall asleep chanting "SNOW DAY SNOW DAY SNOW DAY". Come on Old Man Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment